Thursday, May 5, 2011

I love my clients!!!!

Smiles, tears, hugs, gifts, words of hope and inspiration-When one door closes another one does open, but this door is so difficult to close..thank you to the best clients ever for making my days brighter and my spirit lifted with hope=) My clients are my purpose-my reason for being. They make me so happy with their caring and thankful words.  1 year working with the "severely and persistently mentally ill" and I found human beings.  Human beings with potential.  Human beings with dreams, hopes, aspirations, and strengths.  Often this population and those that are vulnerable and oppressed are just labeled and their potential is underestimated.  I live and work to value these human beings, to advocate for them, and empower them to believe in theirselves.  The progress that has been made group to group and session to session with short term goals has been wonderful.  Having knowledge of a client's life and realistic goals week to week and being involved shows them that you care.  I feel thankful everyday to be living and breathing in my purpose.  From working with the elderly with Altzheimers, children and adolescents in East LA, special needs children and adults, to now working with the severely and persistently mentally ill-my mission continues always having hope and being persistent with a human being utilizing their full potential.  This is what life is all about: Dream, Inspire, Educate, hope, love, and pray!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment